Milestone of former St Albans City Youth Hayley Ladd recognised by Wales
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A former St Albans City Youth star picked up a belated 50th international cup before turning in another composed performance as Wales beat New Zealand 1-0.
Hayley Ladd had reached the milestone against Italy in January after her making her debut back in 2011, ironically also against the Ferns.
She received her golden cap prior to kick-off from FAW vice-president Steve Williams and former international Danny Gibbidon.
The match itself saw Ladd, who has just left Birmingham City amid interest from Manchester United, keep New Zealand's Hannah Wilkinson quiet in the opening half.
The Kiwis are heading to the World Cup now and had come into the game in Cardiff on the back of a fine win over England.
You may also want to watch:
But Wales, who had another former City Youth player in the shape of Megan Wynne on the bench, had the last laugh with striker Kayleigh Green pouncing in injury-time to grab the only goal of the game, turning in a deep cross that was headed back to her.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?