Milestone of former St Albans City Youth Hayley Ladd recognised by Wales
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A former St Albans City Youth star picked up a belated 50th international cup before turning in another composed performance as Wales beat New Zealand 1-0.
Hayley Ladd had reached the milestone against Italy in January after her making her debut back in 2011, ironically also against the Ferns.
She received her golden cap prior to kick-off from FAW vice-president Steve Williams and former international Danny Gibbidon.
The match itself saw Ladd, who has just left Birmingham City amid interest from Manchester United, keep New Zealand's Hannah Wilkinson quiet in the opening half.
The Kiwis are heading to the World Cup now and had come into the game in Cardiff on the back of a fine win over England.
You may also want to watch:
But Wales, who had another former City Youth player in the shape of Megan Wynne on the bench, had the last laugh with striker Kayleigh Green pouncing in injury-time to grab the only goal of the game, turning in a deep cross that was headed back to her.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre