Midweek Youth lose out in cup but seal league title
LONDON Colney’s Midweek Youth side lost out 2-1 in the League Cup Final at Uxbridge.
Mark Hiller got Colney’s goal and Luke Thatcher went close with an effort that was cleared off the line.
Jordan Dingall made an excellent save to keep out an effort and Max O’Shea also had an effort blocked on the line.
The Blueboys bounced back days later beating Colney Heath 4-1.
Heath went ahead but goals from Will Davis, Thatcher, Hiller and O’Shea sealed the comeback to seal the Allied Counties East Division title.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys will now compete in the Premier Division next season.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award