Midweek Youth lose out in cup but seal league title
LONDON Colney’s Midweek Youth side lost out 2-1 in the League Cup Final at Uxbridge.
Mark Hiller got Colney’s goal and Luke Thatcher went close with an effort that was cleared off the line.
Jordan Dingall made an excellent save to keep out an effort and Max O’Shea also had an effort blocked on the line.
The Blueboys bounced back days later beating Colney Heath 4-1.
Heath went ahead but goals from Will Davis, Thatcher, Hiller and O’Shea sealed the comeback to seal the Allied Counties East Division title.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys will now compete in the Premier Division next season.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans