Middle of the pack finish for Striders in Aldershot
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were competing against the fastest runners in the South of England at the 6k road relays in Aldershot.
The Striders finished 35th out of 72 teams, Tom Crouch running the fastest leg for the Striders.
In the Herts County veterans 5k championships in Hatfield on Wednesday, Graham Smith took the vet 40 bronze medal in 17:01 with Gary Warren a close fourth in 17:07. Graham Foster (18:12) took fourth place in the vet 50 race, with Colin Braybrook (19:16) making up the four-man veteran’s team that took the silver medal. Joseph Dunn was also well-placed in 17:27.
In the veteran ladies race, Wendy Webster was third vet 35 in 19:19 and Deborah Steer first vet 45 in 20:07.
In the Moor Park 10k Gary Warren finished third in 36:56, Martin Whitworth sixth in 38:53, Craig Dowie 13th in 40:06 while Nairn McWilliams ran the Middlesex 10k in 36:24.
You may also want to watch:
In the Tonbridge Half Marathon Steve Buckle finished sixth in 1:16:46, Mark Castleton was 23rd in 82:38. Doug Hobson ran the Nottingham half marathon in 1:28 with Claire Simm in 1:53.
Blake Vivian led the St Albans Parkrun home in 16:43, with Adam Dunajko second in 17:12, Joseph Dunn fourth in 17:32 and Mike Jubb fifth in 17:35.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
In the Berlin Marathon, Striders included Ben Scott (3:25), Andrew Maher (3:54), Ian Hirth (4:04), Petra Grosse (4:13) Kathryn Hall (4:57) and Jenna Pickering (5.26). Jack Brooks finished the Barnstaple Marathon in 4:12.