Middle of the pack finish for Striders in Aldershot
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were competing against the fastest runners in the South of England at the 6k road relays in Aldershot.
The Striders finished 35th out of 72 teams, Tom Crouch running the fastest leg for the Striders.
In the Herts County veterans 5k championships in Hatfield on Wednesday, Graham Smith took the vet 40 bronze medal in 17:01 with Gary Warren a close fourth in 17:07. Graham Foster (18:12) took fourth place in the vet 50 race, with Colin Braybrook (19:16) making up the four-man veteran’s team that took the silver medal. Joseph Dunn was also well-placed in 17:27.
In the veteran ladies race, Wendy Webster was third vet 35 in 19:19 and Deborah Steer first vet 45 in 20:07.
In the Moor Park 10k Gary Warren finished third in 36:56, Martin Whitworth sixth in 38:53, Craig Dowie 13th in 40:06 while Nairn McWilliams ran the Middlesex 10k in 36:24.
In the Tonbridge Half Marathon Steve Buckle finished sixth in 1:16:46, Mark Castleton was 23rd in 82:38. Doug Hobson ran the Nottingham half marathon in 1:28 with Claire Simm in 1:53.
Blake Vivian led the St Albans Parkrun home in 16:43, with Adam Dunajko second in 17:12, Joseph Dunn fourth in 17:32 and Mike Jubb fifth in 17:35.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 3 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
In the Berlin Marathon, Striders included Ben Scott (3:25), Andrew Maher (3:54), Ian Hirth (4:04), Petra Grosse (4:13) Kathryn Hall (4:57) and Jenna Pickering (5.26). Jack Brooks finished the Barnstaple Marathon in 4:12.