Mid-Herts ladies pitch in for Herts after outstanding trophy success
MID-HERTS Golf Club will represent Hertfordshire in the Inter-County finals after winning the coveted Pearson Trophy to add to their impressive recent success. There were 38 clubs competing in the event running throughout the last few months
MID-HERTS Golf Club will represent Hertfordshire in the Inter-County finals after winning the coveted Pearson Trophy to add to their impressive recent success.
There were 38 clubs competing in the event running throughout the last few months and more than 300 lady players contested 500 matches.
Mid-Herts Golf Club, based at Gustard Wood near Wheathampstead, booked their place in the semi finals held at Batchworth Park on Monday, June 30. After a testing seven hours of golf, beating Moor Park in the semi-finals and Sandy Lodge in the final, Mid-Herts were able to celebrate victory. Captain of the Mid-Herts Pearson team, Clare Dew, said: "The squad was absolutely fantastic. I am so proud of each and every one of them."
The Pearson Trophy, now in its 98th year, is played for in four counties. The Mid-Herts team will now go on to represent Hertfordshire in the Inter County Finals against Surrey, Kent and Middlesex to be held on July 25 in Surrey at West Hill Golf Club.
You may also want to watch:
This victory adds to the club's many recent successes. Mid-Herts boast the Ladies County Champion, the Herts Professional Champion, previous winners of the Mail on Sunday National Club Classic (2006) and the runner-up in the Men's County Championship. Mid-Herts golfer Hannah Burke has been invited to enter the Ladies English Open.
Mid-Herts Golf Club is holding an Open Day on Sunday, August 3, for potential new members between 1pm and 4pm. There will be drinks and food in the club house, a fun putting competition and an opportunity to play nine holes with a member. Guests will have a complimentary golf swing and golf club 'check up' with the Mid-Herts professional team.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
For those who attend the day, Mid-Herts is offering some membership offers. Contact Kim Arnold on 01582 832242 for more information or to book a place at the open day.
Back row left to right: Pat Marshall, Pam Clark, Su Hawke, Linda Hyam, Margaret Martin, Sandra Lindsay, Mary Hoare, Karen Bax, Deborah Connor
Middle Row: Maree Palmer, Liz Carter (Ladies Captain, Mid-Herts Golf Club) Captain of Batchworth Park Golf Club, Clare Dew (Mid-Herts Pearson Team Captain), Janet Biscoe. Front row: Liz Thomas, Lindsay Murray-Gray.