Mid Herts impress on Herts Futures Tour
- Credit: Archant
The Mid Herts Golf Club juniors John Beattie and Harrison Turner enjoyed success at The Shire, London in the latest round of the Herts Futures Tour.
Eighty youngsters aged 12 and under took part in the Lexus Hatfield sponsored competition, with John bringing home the nett winner trophy while Harrison finished gross runner-up. Both players are in division two, for handicaps of 25 and over.
West Herts Golf Club also celebrated double prizewinners in Jake Passingham, division two nett runner-up, and Sebastian Knowleman, division one nett winner.
Other honours went to Joesph Hardy of Berkhamsted Golf Club, division two gross winner, and, in division one, the nett runner-up prize went to Harry Miller of Little Hay. The division one gross winner was Letchworth Golf Club’s Ethan Akpan, with an impressive five over par score of 35. Hot on his heals with a 36 was Jack Witchelo from Stevenage Golf Club.
Jack also received the memento for division one nearest the pin. Adhritt Seth took that prize in division two, and was one of the juniors rewarded for making a birdie along with Matthew Stott and Isabella Brunskill from Whipsnade Park and George Smith from Redbourn.
The Futures Tour moves on to Chesfield Downs next, as the county’s young players continue to test their skills on the par three courses of Hertfordshire. The Futures Tour is part of Hertfordshire Golf’s playing and coaching junior pathway with 90 youngsters regularly taking part.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival