Merson and Sambou extend St Albans City stay
- Credit: Archant
Sam Merson and Solomon Sambou have extended their stay at St Albans City by signing new contracts.
The pair have had a strong season to date as Saints push for promotion with Merson leading the club’s scoring charts and Sambou having appeared in every Vanarama National League South match.
Twenty-two-year-old Merson said: “I’m very happy to get this sorted as I’m really enjoying playing here.
“The fans are great and I know the manager and board have big plans for the future and I’m excited to be part of that for the next two years.
“I feel we have built a really good squad this year and our aim is to finish the season in style with promotion.”
You may also want to watch:
Sambou joined the Saints back in March last year from Hayes & Yeading and insisted it was a no brainer to extend his stay at Clarence Park.
He said: “Since I signed for the club I have loved every minute of it so it was an easy descision to sign my new deal.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
“I’m really looking forward to the rest of this season and next year and I want to thank the manager for concluding everything so quickly.”
Manager Ian Allinson said: “It really is fantastic for the whole football club that both Sam and Solomon have signed new deals.
“I feel this is a real statement of intent and shows where the club are going especially with all the plans off the field.
“Our club secretary has informed me we have been averaging around eight scouts per home game so it was important we got both deals over the line as Sam and Solomon are great ages and have big futures in the game.”