Memorable day almost brings memorable fightback for Tabard
- Credit: Archant
A full clubhouse, the sun in the sky and a memorable game of rugby was almost the perfect way to end the season for Tabard Rugby Club – if only the result had been different.
Tabard lost 36-33 in London North West Two to London Nigerian at Cobden Hill in a match that had everything.
The visitors had raced into a 28-0 lead early in the second half but Tabard have been a different beast in recent weeks and showed they still have plenty of fight left.
And instigated by winger Jonny Aguila they produced a huge fight.
He got the third try after John Tilley and Will James had crossed to narrow the gap to 28-19.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Reilly, who converted four scores, added a fourth try after Nigerian had scored another and Tom King then brought Tabard level.
A 40-metre penalty eventually won the game for the visitors but this performance will leave Tabard full of confidence about next season.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team