Memorable day almost brings memorable fightback for Tabard
- Credit: Archant
A full clubhouse, the sun in the sky and a memorable game of rugby was almost the perfect way to end the season for Tabard Rugby Club – if only the result had been different.
Tabard lost 36-33 in London North West Two to London Nigerian at Cobden Hill in a match that had everything.
The visitors had raced into a 28-0 lead early in the second half but Tabard have been a different beast in recent weeks and showed they still have plenty of fight left.
And instigated by winger Jonny Aguila they produced a huge fight.
He got the third try after John Tilley and Will James had crossed to narrow the gap to 28-19.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Reilly, who converted four scores, added a fourth try after Nigerian had scored another and Tom King then brought Tabard level.
A 40-metre penalty eventually won the game for the visitors but this performance will leave Tabard full of confidence about next season.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans