Medal splash for CoStA
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club crowned their best ever performance at the County Championships with 31 medals. For the first time, CoStA entered the Junior Under 16s relays and made the final in every event. The boys squad of Daniel Peacock, aged 13, Jac
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club crowned their best ever performance at the County Championships with 31 medals.
For the first time, CoStA entered the Junior Under 16s relays and made the final in every event. The boys squad of Daniel Peacock, aged 13, Jack Baron, aged 13, Chris Stobart, aged 14, and Chris Milstead, aged 13, performed well.
A strong CoStA girls medley team of Charlotte Henson, aged 14, Ann-Marie Du Preez, aged 12, Holly Winfield, aged 13, and Chloe Beard, aged 12, were touched out of the medals into fourth place. The girls capped a fine championships when the freestyle squad of Charlotte Henson, Isabel Smith, Katie Lightowler and Chloe Beard impressed to take a strong fourth place.
In the haul of individual medals, the awesome Jack Baron finished with eight including a gold and four silvers. Robbie Lightowler, aged 11, won six medals including three golds and both are in contention for overall top spot when the final British Age Group Category winners results are confirmed next month. Matthew Henson, aged 16, picked up a gold and a silver medal and Luc Foster, aged nine, won a silver. Samual Henson, aged 11, and Zac Horne, aged 10 each set five personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
In the girls championships, Chloe Beard finished with four medals and Ann-Marie Du Preez won a full set of gold, silver and bronze. There were double medal successes for Katie Lightowler, Holly Winfield and Charlotte Henson and Emily Keith, recorded seven new personal bests.
City of St Albans Swimming Club is run by ASA qualified coaches and parent volunteers. See www.costaasc.org.uk for more information on the club.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge