Medal for diving star Daley
TOMMY Daley showed his credentials with a first-class display in the Herts ASA Novice Development diving competition at Hatfield. The young diver, from Beaumont Diving Academy, took first place in the 11-12 year age group.
TOMMY Daley showed his credentials with a first-class display in the Herts ASA Novice Development diving competition at Hatfield.
The young diver, from Beaumont Diving Academy, took first place in the 11-12 year age group. Tommy attends Sandringham School in St Albans and showed his skills at Hatfield with an inward dive from the 1m board and a forward sitting tuck roll from the 3m board.
In the Beaumont Diving Academy synchronised diving event in December, Tommy, aged 11, picked up a silver medal, diving with Elli Glover, also of Sandringham School.
Diving clearly runs in the Daley family, with Tommy's younger brother Toby earning a silver medal in his age group in the competition at Hatfield. Older sister Poppy is also an excellent diver and competes in the senior age group for aged 14 and above.
You may also want to watch:
The trio are all competing individually in the St Albans Dive In competition at Westminster Lodge in May, where Poppy is also entering the synchronised event.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book