Medal for diving star Daley
TOMMY Daley showed his credentials with a first-class display in the Herts ASA Novice Development diving competition at Hatfield. The young diver, from Beaumont Diving Academy, took first place in the 11-12 year age group.
TOMMY Daley showed his credentials with a first-class display in the Herts ASA Novice Development diving competition at Hatfield.
The young diver, from Beaumont Diving Academy, took first place in the 11-12 year age group. Tommy attends Sandringham School in St Albans and showed his skills at Hatfield with an inward dive from the 1m board and a forward sitting tuck roll from the 3m board.
In the Beaumont Diving Academy synchronised diving event in December, Tommy, aged 11, picked up a silver medal, diving with Elli Glover, also of Sandringham School.
Diving clearly runs in the Daley family, with Tommy's younger brother Toby earning a silver medal in his age group in the competition at Hatfield. Older sister Poppy is also an excellent diver and competes in the senior age group for aged 14 and above.
You may also want to watch:
The trio are all competing individually in the St Albans Dive In competition at Westminster Lodge in May, where Poppy is also entering the synchronised event.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school