Mean Leicester Riders take points off Oaklands Wolves
- Credit: Archant
Leicester Riders showed why they have the best defence in the league as they defeated Oaklands Wolves 66-41 in the Women’s British Basketball League.
The Wolfpack more than matched their more-experienced opponents for vast swathes of this game but a 19-3 fourth quarter took the game away from them.
Riders went into the game top of the table with Wolves at the bottom but that didn’t show as the St Albans side raced into the lead and finished the first quarter tied at 14-14.
A 14-2 charge midway through the seocnd quarter opened the gap although Oaklands were still within six at the half.
But the much-vaunted Riders defence came to the fore in the second half, restricting Wolves to just 15 points in those 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Kata Fulop and kyla Nelson both scored 10 points for Wolves with Amber Charles chipping in with seven.
The teams meet again in Leicester on Saturday in the WBBL Cup quarter-finals before Wolves head home to take on Sevenoaks Suns on Sunday.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans