Mean Leicester Riders take points off Oaklands Wolves
- Credit: Archant
Leicester Riders showed why they have the best defence in the league as they defeated Oaklands Wolves 66-41 in the Women’s British Basketball League.
The Wolfpack more than matched their more-experienced opponents for vast swathes of this game but a 19-3 fourth quarter took the game away from them.
Riders went into the game top of the table with Wolves at the bottom but that didn’t show as the St Albans side raced into the lead and finished the first quarter tied at 14-14.
A 14-2 charge midway through the seocnd quarter opened the gap although Oaklands were still within six at the half.
But the much-vaunted Riders defence came to the fore in the second half, restricting Wolves to just 15 points in those 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Kata Fulop and kyla Nelson both scored 10 points for Wolves with Amber Charles chipping in with seven.
The teams meet again in Leicester on Saturday in the WBBL Cup quarter-finals before Wolves head home to take on Sevenoaks Suns on Sunday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district