THE all-conquering Old Albanians Under 13s A team ran in nine tries to demolish London Welsh 57-0 at the weekend. Scorers were Joel McNeill (four), Billy Sach, Elliot Jones, George Elliott, Daniel Fellowes and Tom Sparks. The win extends the team s 100-pe
THE all-conquering Old Albanians Under 13s A team ran in nine tries to demolish London Welsh 57-0 at the weekend.
Scorers were Joel McNeill (four), Billy Sach, Elliot Jones, George Elliott, Daniel Fellowes and Tom Sparks. The win extends the team's 100-per-cent record, as they sit on top of the first division with just one league game to go.
The OA Under 13s B team defeated Twickenham 46-5, with tries coming from Corrie Graham (two), Henry Clendon (two), Jordan Crankshaw, Dan Brown, Tom Burman and Rowan Akers. The Bs are on track for promotion at the end of the season.
Unfortunately, a disappointing performance in difficult weather resulted in OA Under 11s B losing to Ealing 7-0. OA captain Ben Lewis went close to scoring a try while Man of the Match Jarred Kenworthy led a strong defensive performance.
Cold and blustery conditions at Woollams on Sunday failed to prevent some enthralling encounters between OAs and Ealing Under 8s. The OAs Reds hit form to record a convincing 11-4 victory over Ealing Bs, with Scott Tomlins putting in a Man of the Match performance.
OA Orange and OA Red each secured draws with Ealing A from tough, competitive and fast flowing matches. The Reds took the Team of the Week award for their outstanding displays. Player of the Week awards went to Charlie Wallace in the Reds, Thomas Fulton in the Greens, George Batten in the Blues and Joe Vernon in the Yellow squad.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road