McLean and Toor open with centuries
- Credit: Archant
Jono McLean and Kabir Toor hit centuries as Radlett had the better of North Mymms on the opening day of the Saracens Herts Premier Division.
Toor, opening the batting with Fraser Crawford (6), hit 10 fours on his way to 106 to put Radlett in control of the match. It was McLean, though, who took the game away from Mymms.
Replacing Joe Cooke (31) after he was trapped LBW by Jamie Southgate, the skipper blasted an unbeaten 70-ball 133 in partnerships of 122 and 68 with Toor and Shane Burger (20) as Radlett’s innings closed on 323-4.
McLean smashed eight sixes and 13 fours as he matched his number of league centuries from the 2014 season.
Mymms got nothing like the production Radlett did from their biggest players.
You may also want to watch:
Last season’s top scorer, and Hertfordshire captain, Nesan Jayaratnam scored 24 runs before he was caught by Matt Creese off Cooke while fellow opener Hamza Qayyum was cleaned up by Randeep Sanghera for 11.
New recruits Syed Ali Kazmi (46), formerly of Stevenage, and ex-Welwyn Garden City batsman Southgate (15) scored 59 for the third wicket to push Mymms over 100 before both fell in quick succession. Kazmi was caught and bowled by Toor, whose left-arm spin also accounted for Southgate.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Neil Bamford was the only other batter to find some success, scoring 32, as Radlett’s bowlers kept runs to a minimum. And, with Creese taking regular wickets on his way to haul of four, the innings raced to a close with Mymms 136 runs short of their target.