Archie Mac double helps Harpenden Town grab dramatic draw with Crawley Green
- Credit: Archant
Two goals from Archie McClelland inspired Harpenden Town to grab at point in an incredible 3-3 draw at home to Crawley Green.
Harps had actually taken the lead in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division match through Callum Yeates but a lapse midway through the first half saw them concede two goals in two minutes.
And by half-time the Luton club had got themselves 3-1 ahead.
However, a penalty gave Harpenden a way back into the game and although that was saved, McClelland followed up to net the rebound.
And he delighted the home supporters further with a 90th minute equaliser.
The result continues Town’s recovery this season, with this the seventh point in the last five games.
It also pulls them further away from the relegation places, with the gap back to Cockfosters now five points.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 4 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 5 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 6 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 7 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
Harpenden were involved in another high-scoring game on Tuesday night at Edgware Town.
However, with the score at 2-2, and sleet making conditions underfoot tricky to say the least, the referee abandoned the match after 52 minutes.