Archie Mac double helps Harpenden Town grab dramatic draw with Crawley Green
- Credit: Archant
Two goals from Archie McClelland inspired Harpenden Town to grab at point in an incredible 3-3 draw at home to Crawley Green.
Harps had actually taken the lead in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division match through Callum Yeates but a lapse midway through the first half saw them concede two goals in two minutes.
And by half-time the Luton club had got themselves 3-1 ahead.
However, a penalty gave Harpenden a way back into the game and although that was saved, McClelland followed up to net the rebound.
And he delighted the home supporters further with a 90th minute equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
The result continues Town’s recovery this season, with this the seventh point in the last five games.
It also pulls them further away from the relegation places, with the gap back to Cockfosters now five points.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Harpenden were involved in another high-scoring game on Tuesday night at Edgware Town.
However, with the score at 2-2, and sleet making conditions underfoot tricky to say the least, the referee abandoned the match after 52 minutes.