MCC in town to celebrate Shenley milestone
Special fixture planned for July 10
CRICKET: SHENLEY Village Cricket Club is celebrating its 150th year in 2011 and the club is marking this milestone with several unique events.
On Sunday, July 10, the club is hosting a fixture against the famous Marylebone Cricket Club - the MCC - on the main ground at Shenley.
The all-day game will start at 11.30am, with breaks for lunch and tea, with the final session ending at an estimated time of approx 6.30pm.
The club is expecting a good crowd of past and present Shenley Village players and their families and friends, as well as members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
Shenley Village chairman Ray McLennan commented: “This is a real honour for our members and I would also urge the local public, players and general sports fans to come along and see the very high standard of cricket which will be on display at an extremely picturesque ground. We are hoping to see some big sixes on the day.”
There will be no charge for entry and a licensed bar will be open all day. All are welcome to bring along a picnic and enjoy a fun day out.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public