MCC in town to celebrate Shenley milestone
Special fixture planned for July 10
CRICKET: SHENLEY Village Cricket Club is celebrating its 150th year in 2011 and the club is marking this milestone with several unique events.
On Sunday, July 10, the club is hosting a fixture against the famous Marylebone Cricket Club - the MCC - on the main ground at Shenley.
The all-day game will start at 11.30am, with breaks for lunch and tea, with the final session ending at an estimated time of approx 6.30pm.
The club is expecting a good crowd of past and present Shenley Village players and their families and friends, as well as members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
Shenley Village chairman Ray McLennan commented: “This is a real honour for our members and I would also urge the local public, players and general sports fans to come along and see the very high standard of cricket which will be on display at an extremely picturesque ground. We are hoping to see some big sixes on the day.”
There will be no charge for entry and a licensed bar will be open all day. All are welcome to bring along a picnic and enjoy a fun day out.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'