Mayor to have first bowl as Batchwood Hall get ready for new season
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of St Albans will officially open the new season at Batchwood Hall Bowls Club ahead of what should be yet another action-packed year.
Councillor Rosemary Farmer will send the first bowl down the club’s green on Saturday, April 20, at 10.30pm.
That kicks off a six-month season of bowling competitions for Batchwood who have will play in friendly, county and district matches.
However, before the heat of competition is truly cranked up, people will be given the chance to try the sport themselves.
The club, who were founded over 50 years ago, will run two open days on Sunday, April 21 and 28.
You may also want to watch:
They also run turn up and bowl sessions every Monday at 5.30pm.
With a new pavilion, Batchwood are promoting the sport as one for all ages and gender and one that is growing in popularity.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
For more information call 07531 818 745.