Mayor to have first bowl as Batchwood Hall get ready for new season
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of St Albans will officially open the new season at Batchwood Hall Bowls Club ahead of what should be yet another action-packed year.
Councillor Rosemary Farmer will send the first bowl down the club’s green on Saturday, April 20, at 10.30pm.
That kicks off a six-month season of bowling competitions for Batchwood who have will play in friendly, county and district matches.
However, before the heat of competition is truly cranked up, people will be given the chance to try the sport themselves.
The club, who were founded over 50 years ago, will run two open days on Sunday, April 21 and 28.
You may also want to watch:
They also run turn up and bowl sessions every Monday at 5.30pm.
With a new pavilion, Batchwood are promoting the sport as one for all ages and gender and one that is growing in popularity.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
For more information call 07531 818 745.