Max Malins gets first start for Saracens Storm
- Credit: Archant
A youngster from Old Albanian Rugby Club is celebrating his first start for Saracens Storm.
Max Malins, who has been “loaned” to Old Albanian for this year, made his first start for the second string on Monday.
And the young fly-half made an impression as the Storm picked up a 30-15 victory over Bath United.
Speaking after the game he said: “I just tried to stick to the basics. It’s my first start for the Storm and I just wanted to stick to the basics, do what I do and don’t change anything.”
Kevin Sorrell, backs coach at Saracens, said: “It was good to see him get a run at 10.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s encouraging to see younger players step up.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development