Max Malins gets first start for Saracens Storm
- Credit: Archant
A youngster from Old Albanian Rugby Club is celebrating his first start for Saracens Storm.
Max Malins, who has been “loaned” to Old Albanian for this year, made his first start for the second string on Monday.
And the young fly-half made an impression as the Storm picked up a 30-15 victory over Bath United.
Speaking after the game he said: “I just tried to stick to the basics. It’s my first start for the Storm and I just wanted to stick to the basics, do what I do and don’t change anything.”
Kevin Sorrell, backs coach at Saracens, said: “It was good to see him get a run at 10.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s encouraging to see younger players step up.”
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan