Max Malins gets first start for Saracens Storm
- Credit: Archant
A youngster from Old Albanian Rugby Club is celebrating his first start for Saracens Storm.
Max Malins, who has been “loaned” to Old Albanian for this year, made his first start for the second string on Monday.
And the young fly-half made an impression as the Storm picked up a 30-15 victory over Bath United.
Speaking after the game he said: “I just tried to stick to the basics. It’s my first start for the Storm and I just wanted to stick to the basics, do what I do and don’t change anything.”
Kevin Sorrell, backs coach at Saracens, said: “It was good to see him get a run at 10.
“It’s encouraging to see younger players step up.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival