Martin leads Striders home at Silverstone
- Credit: Archant
Mike Martin team the Striders in at the annual Silverston Half Marathon on Sunday.
The race, which is in its 13th year, is made up of three laps of the iconic motor racing circuit. Martin crossed the line in 1:25, followed by Clifford Jones in 1:37, Rachel Dixon in 1:40, and Jenna Pickering in 2:19.
Stephen Buckle won the St Albans Parkrun and Wendy Walsh was the second female runner to finish with a new personal best time of 18:51. Helen Cartlidge also earned a new PB and a fourth place in the women’s race with a time of 19:50.
Doug Hobson came second in the South Oxhey Parkrun and Ben Scott took eighth place in the nearby Panshanger race, where Howard Bull also completed his 50th Parkrun in a personal best time of 21:59.
Rose McGinness and Wai Meng Au-Yeong represented the Striders at the North London Half Marathon, which starts and finishes at Wembley Stadium. They finished in 1:59 and 2:17 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
David Jackson ran the Canterbury 10K trail race in a personal best time of 54 minutes while Jack Brooks was first vet 60/64 at the Seabrook Trail Marathon in Texas in 3:44.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor