March up the SSML Premier Division continues for rejuvenated Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s march up the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division continued with a fine 3-0 home win over Edgware Town.
It was the fourth win for the Magpies in the last five league outings, with the only blemish being Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Stotfold, and it lifts them to 14th, but still with a number of games in hand on those around them.
Left-back Tom Carter opened the scoring early on Tuesday night with a mazy run and a right foot shot that found the top corner.
New signing from Crawley Green, Martin Collins, then announced himself to the club with a good strike for number two and another recent signing, forward Reece Cameron, dribbled along the 18-yard box and finished with aplomb to make it 3-0 a half time.
The second period was one of consolidation and the desire to keep a clean sheet, along with attacking purpose when the circumstances allowed.
Jack Woods, who was named the club’s player of the month for October, was a constant menace with his work rate, and unselfish running and assists, while the back four and keeper were solid and compact.
Next up is the visit of big-spending Welwyn Garden City on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
Colney Heath: Cunningham, Power, Carter, Robertson, Doolan, Osbourne, Hurst, Woods, Cameron, Collins, Rotimi
Subs: Lawton, Dudrenec, Dimmock, Sharp, Byron
Goals: Carter 4, Collins 35, Cameron 39