March up the SSML Premier Division continues for rejuvenated Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s march up the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division continued with a fine 3-0 home win over Edgware Town.
It was the fourth win for the Magpies in the last five league outings, with the only blemish being Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Stotfold, and it lifts them to 14th, but still with a number of games in hand on those around them.
Left-back Tom Carter opened the scoring early on Tuesday night with a mazy run and a right foot shot that found the top corner.
New signing from Crawley Green, Martin Collins, then announced himself to the club with a good strike for number two and another recent signing, forward Reece Cameron, dribbled along the 18-yard box and finished with aplomb to make it 3-0 a half time.
The second period was one of consolidation and the desire to keep a clean sheet, along with attacking purpose when the circumstances allowed.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Woods, who was named the club’s player of the month for October, was a constant menace with his work rate, and unselfish running and assists, while the back four and keeper were solid and compact.
Next up is the visit of big-spending Welwyn Garden City on Saturday.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
Colney Heath: Cunningham, Power, Carter, Robertson, Doolan, Osbourne, Hurst, Woods, Cameron, Collins, Rotimi
Subs: Lawton, Dudrenec, Dimmock, Sharp, Byron
Goals: Carter 4, Collins 35, Cameron 39