Marathon runners prepare but Garden City Runners still inundated with personal bests
- Credit: Archant
Marathon runners may be tapering their efforts in advance of their big day out but Garden City Runners still had plenty of club members out pounding the roads and trails.
The Manchester Marathon saw Paul Richardson in fine form as he picked up a personal best with a time of two hours 44 minutes 27 seconds while Adam Wadley was just two seconds off a sub-three hour run as well.
Paul Guy got a PB too as he came 14th overall at the Sandy 10, clocking 59:27.
And the PB success stories continued at parkruns.
Peter McKenzie, Chris Jones, Romain Denis, Rob Casserley and Daniel Pudner’s bests got them a place in the top 11 at Ellenbrook Fields, where Steven Edwards and Mark Boyce also went quicker than before.
You may also want to watch:
And Bernhard Trummer (Ally Pally), Chris Pease (Panshanger) and Lucy Iles (Heslington) completed the list of PBs.
Chris Eland was second at Queen Elizabeth.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared