Marathon runners prepare but Garden City Runners still inundated with personal bests
- Credit: Archant
Marathon runners may be tapering their efforts in advance of their big day out but Garden City Runners still had plenty of club members out pounding the roads and trails.
The Manchester Marathon saw Paul Richardson in fine form as he picked up a personal best with a time of two hours 44 minutes 27 seconds while Adam Wadley was just two seconds off a sub-three hour run as well.
Paul Guy got a PB too as he came 14th overall at the Sandy 10, clocking 59:27.
And the PB success stories continued at parkruns.
Peter McKenzie, Chris Jones, Romain Denis, Rob Casserley and Daniel Pudner’s bests got them a place in the top 11 at Ellenbrook Fields, where Steven Edwards and Mark Boyce also went quicker than before.
You may also want to watch:
And Bernhard Trummer (Ally Pally), Chris Pease (Panshanger) and Lucy Iles (Heslington) completed the list of PBs.
Chris Eland was second at Queen Elizabeth.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk