Marathon debuts for a number of St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Several St Albans Striders faced up to their first marathon this week when they ran the 26 miles at Brighton.
Magda Bobon was the first of the debutants home in three hours 51 minutes followed a minute later by Ben Taylor and then Jay A’Court.
Richard Olney was thankful the weather was cooler than last year and crossed the finish line in 3.48.
After running the Paris marathon last weekend and Brighton this weekend, Ruth Kent is now two-thirds of the way through her challenge of three marathons in three weekends, with just London left to go next weekend.
On the same day as the marathon, Tim Searle completed the Brighton 10K in a PB of 37:26.
You may also want to watch:
And there were more personal bests achieved elsewhere this weekend.
At the UK Boston marathon, Donna Irwin finished in 3.44 and Emma Jardine was in the top-three ladies at the Thames Valley half marathon, clocking 1.37.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend