Marathon debuts for a number of St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Several St Albans Striders faced up to their first marathon this week when they ran the 26 miles at Brighton.
Magda Bobon was the first of the debutants home in three hours 51 minutes followed a minute later by Ben Taylor and then Jay A’Court.
Richard Olney was thankful the weather was cooler than last year and crossed the finish line in 3.48.
After running the Paris marathon last weekend and Brighton this weekend, Ruth Kent is now two-thirds of the way through her challenge of three marathons in three weekends, with just London left to go next weekend.
On the same day as the marathon, Tim Searle completed the Brighton 10K in a PB of 37:26.
You may also want to watch:
And there were more personal bests achieved elsewhere this weekend.
At the UK Boston marathon, Donna Irwin finished in 3.44 and Emma Jardine was in the top-three ladies at the Thames Valley half marathon, clocking 1.37.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book