Marathon debuts for a number of St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Several St Albans Striders faced up to their first marathon this week when they ran the 26 miles at Brighton.
Magda Bobon was the first of the debutants home in three hours 51 minutes followed a minute later by Ben Taylor and then Jay A’Court.
Richard Olney was thankful the weather was cooler than last year and crossed the finish line in 3.48.
After running the Paris marathon last weekend and Brighton this weekend, Ruth Kent is now two-thirds of the way through her challenge of three marathons in three weekends, with just London left to go next weekend.
On the same day as the marathon, Tim Searle completed the Brighton 10K in a PB of 37:26.
And there were more personal bests achieved elsewhere this weekend.
At the UK Boston marathon, Donna Irwin finished in 3.44 and Emma Jardine was in the top-three ladies at the Thames Valley half marathon, clocking 1.37.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 10 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery