Malins, Singleton and Perkins to start for England against Italy
- Credit: Andy Taylor/atsportphoto
Max Malins is set to make his England debut – after being named in the starting XV for the U20 Six Nations match against Italy.
Malins, who is currently on loan at Old Albanian Rugby Club, will wear the 15 jersey of full-back for England U20s.
Jack Singleton, the former Harpenden hooker, who made his debut off the bench in last Friday’s defeat to Scotland, is also in the starting line-up for the game in the Venitian town of San Dona Di Pave this Friday.
George Perkins completes the trio of local players in the squad, the ex-Oaklands man retaining his place on the wing.
Head coach Jon Callard said: “It is good to be able to give a number of players an opportunity this Friday after others have unfortunately been ruled out with injury.
“Max Malins and Sam Smith also come into the mix after being unavailable for selection against Scotland.
“The opening loss is in the past and now we have to look forward at ways to improve our performance.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 5 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 6 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 7 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 8 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 9 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 10 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
“We had 64 per cent possession and the positive is that we had clear chances.
“We want the players to take confidence from that and this week one of our key aims is to be clinical enough to take points from those plays.”
1. Tom West (Wasps)
2. Jack Singleton (Worcester)
3. Will Stuart (Wasps)
4. Huw Taylor (Worcester)
5. George Nott (Sale)
6. Zach Mercer (Bath)
7. Sam Smith (Worcester)
8. Callum Chick (Newcastle Falcons) (capt)
9. Max Green (Yorkshire Carnegie)
10. Matthew Protheroe (Gloucester)
11. Ollie Thorley (Gloucester)
12. Charlie Thacker (Leicester)
13. Joe Marchant (Harlequins)
14. George Perkins (Saracens)
15. Max Malins (Saracens)
16. Curtis Langdown (London Irish)
17. Ralph Adams-Hale (Saracens)
18. Billy Keast (Exeter Chiefs)
19. Stan South (Harlequins)
20. Jack Willis (Wasps)
21. Jamie Shillcock (Worcester Warriors)
22. Joe Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs)
23. Paolo Odogwu (Leicester Tigers)