Malins hoping Old Albanian stint will bring England glory
- Credit: David Buxton
Max Malins is hoping his form for Old Albanian will help propel him to England glory.
The full-back, who is on loan at Woollams from Saracens, scored another two tries on Saturday as his club went top of the National Two South table.
And having been named in the England U20 elite squad last month, he hopes his performances for OAs will keep him there ahead of a tough six nations campaign and a home U20 World Championships.
He said: “It’s a massive year. All I can do is keep playing here, improving my performances.
“I’ll keep playing the best I can and see where the U20s takes me.”
You may also want to watch:
The move to Albanians has given Malins his first taste of senior rugby and he says he is loving the experience.
“I’m with Saracens and I’m here for this year,” he added. “I don’t know about next year but we’ll see what happens.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
“I just want to serve my time here and I’ve had a great time so far.
“We’re top of the league, it’s going really well and all the boys have welcomed me with open arms.”
The 35-24 win over Taunton was as tough as expected but the two tries from the former Saffron Walden man helped, even if he could only convert one of the six tries OAs scored.
He said: “It was non-stop, a very tight game.
“We knew what they were going to bring to us. Top-of-the-table clash, they were all up for it, but thankfully we got the win with the bonus point.
“I’ve been on and off with the boot but I’ve been getting a few tries so I’m happy with that.
“But I’ve been working on my kicking so hopefully I’ll keep improving.”