Malins hoping Old Albanian stint will bring England glory
- Credit: David Buxton
Max Malins is hoping his form for Old Albanian will help propel him to England glory.
The full-back, who is on loan at Woollams from Saracens, scored another two tries on Saturday as his club went top of the National Two South table.
And having been named in the England U20 elite squad last month, he hopes his performances for OAs will keep him there ahead of a tough six nations campaign and a home U20 World Championships.
He said: “It’s a massive year. All I can do is keep playing here, improving my performances.
“I’ll keep playing the best I can and see where the U20s takes me.”
The move to Albanians has given Malins his first taste of senior rugby and he says he is loving the experience.
“I’m with Saracens and I’m here for this year,” he added. “I don’t know about next year but we’ll see what happens.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
“I just want to serve my time here and I’ve had a great time so far.
“We’re top of the league, it’s going really well and all the boys have welcomed me with open arms.”
The 35-24 win over Taunton was as tough as expected but the two tries from the former Saffron Walden man helped, even if he could only convert one of the six tries OAs scored.
He said: “It was non-stop, a very tight game.
“We knew what they were going to bring to us. Top-of-the-table clash, they were all up for it, but thankfully we got the win with the bonus point.
“I’ve been on and off with the boot but I’ve been getting a few tries so I’m happy with that.
“But I’ve been working on my kicking so hopefully I’ll keep improving.”