Maiden club century for Ruck
- Credit: Archant
Sian Ruck hit her first century for Radlett Women on Saturday in a comprehensive victory over Hastings & St Leonards Priory.
The New Zealand international joined the club at the start of the season and has helped the Southern League side mount a defence of the title.
The seamer had not even recorded a half-century going into the game but she pulled out all the stops against Priory.
Ruck faced 116 balls and dispatched 15 of them to the rope on her way to an unbeaten 121.
Her innings alone would have been enough for victory but just to ensure Priory had no chance, Kathy Morley and Anje Lague scored 51 and 47 respectively to help Radlett to 304-5 from their 45 overs.
Having toiled in the middle for so long, Ruck didn’t open the bowling but she did remove Priory’s danger-woman, trapping Natasha Maharaj-Newman LBW for 37.
It was the first of her two wickets, she also had a run out, as she finished with figures of 2-8 from six overs.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The pick of the bowlers was Chloe Frame as she skittled the tail order, taking four wickets for just two runs in 22 deliveries, as Radlett recorded a 206-run victory.