Maiden club century for Ruck
- Credit: Archant
Sian Ruck hit her first century for Radlett Women on Saturday in a comprehensive victory over Hastings & St Leonards Priory.
The New Zealand international joined the club at the start of the season and has helped the Southern League side mount a defence of the title.
The seamer had not even recorded a half-century going into the game but she pulled out all the stops against Priory.
Ruck faced 116 balls and dispatched 15 of them to the rope on her way to an unbeaten 121.
Her innings alone would have been enough for victory but just to ensure Priory had no chance, Kathy Morley and Anje Lague scored 51 and 47 respectively to help Radlett to 304-5 from their 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Having toiled in the middle for so long, Ruck didn’t open the bowling but she did remove Priory’s danger-woman, trapping Natasha Maharaj-Newman LBW for 37.
It was the first of her two wickets, she also had a run out, as she finished with figures of 2-8 from six overs.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
The pick of the bowlers was Chloe Frame as she skittled the tail order, taking four wickets for just two runs in 22 deliveries, as Radlett recorded a 206-run victory.