Maiden club century for Ruck
- Credit: Archant
Sian Ruck hit her first century for Radlett Women on Saturday in a comprehensive victory over Hastings & St Leonards Priory.
The New Zealand international joined the club at the start of the season and has helped the Southern League side mount a defence of the title.
The seamer had not even recorded a half-century going into the game but she pulled out all the stops against Priory.
Ruck faced 116 balls and dispatched 15 of them to the rope on her way to an unbeaten 121.
Her innings alone would have been enough for victory but just to ensure Priory had no chance, Kathy Morley and Anje Lague scored 51 and 47 respectively to help Radlett to 304-5 from their 45 overs.
Having toiled in the middle for so long, Ruck didn’t open the bowling but she did remove Priory’s danger-woman, trapping Natasha Maharaj-Newman LBW for 37.
It was the first of her two wickets, she also had a run out, as she finished with figures of 2-8 from six overs.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
The pick of the bowlers was Chloe Frame as she skittled the tail order, taking four wickets for just two runs in 22 deliveries, as Radlett recorded a 206-run victory.