Magpies take the points
Eames nets the only goal of the game
SSML Premier Division
Hadley 0 Colney Heath 1
COLNEY Heath made the short trip home from Potters Bar with all three points after Jamie Eames’ goal accounted for Hadley.
The first half was a dour affair, with Hadley creating the better chances, hitting the post in the 30th Minute and forcing Tom Blackman into a smart save two minutes later.
The second half started in a similar fashion, but burst into life in the 65th minute when Ian Cooper fed Eames who finished at the near post from eight yards out.
In the 71st minute, George Roland put over a good free kick from the right and captain Steve Barker had his header cleared off the line by the Hadley centre-back.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic
Colney Heath went close again with five minutes left when Barker went close with another header, this time from an Eames corner.
The final few minutes were tense and Dave Corran went close in the sixth minute of added time with a curling free kick which was well held by Hadley ‘keeper Russell Garland before the referee finally called time to give Colney Heath another three points on their march up the table.