Magpies take the points
Eames nets the only goal of the game
SSML Premier Division
Hadley 0 Colney Heath 1
COLNEY Heath made the short trip home from Potters Bar with all three points after Jamie Eames’ goal accounted for Hadley.
The first half was a dour affair, with Hadley creating the better chances, hitting the post in the 30th Minute and forcing Tom Blackman into a smart save two minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started in a similar fashion, but burst into life in the 65th minute when Ian Cooper fed Eames who finished at the near post from eight yards out.
In the 71st minute, George Roland put over a good free kick from the right and captain Steve Barker had his header cleared off the line by the Hadley centre-back.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Colney Heath went close again with five minutes left when Barker went close with another header, this time from an Eames corner.
The final few minutes were tense and Dave Corran went close in the sixth minute of added time with a curling free kick which was well held by Hadley ‘keeper Russell Garland before the referee finally called time to give Colney Heath another three points on their march up the table.