Magpies take the points
Eames nets the only goal of the game
SSML Premier Division
Hadley 0 Colney Heath 1
COLNEY Heath made the short trip home from Potters Bar with all three points after Jamie Eames’ goal accounted for Hadley.
The first half was a dour affair, with Hadley creating the better chances, hitting the post in the 30th Minute and forcing Tom Blackman into a smart save two minutes later.
The second half started in a similar fashion, but burst into life in the 65th minute when Ian Cooper fed Eames who finished at the near post from eight yards out.
In the 71st minute, George Roland put over a good free kick from the right and captain Steve Barker had his header cleared off the line by the Hadley centre-back.
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 6 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 7 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 8 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 9 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 10 Bahá’ís bring bench to St Albans parkland
Colney Heath went close again with five minutes left when Barker went close with another header, this time from an Eames corner.
The final few minutes were tense and Dave Corran went close in the sixth minute of added time with a curling free kick which was well held by Hadley ‘keeper Russell Garland before the referee finally called time to give Colney Heath another three points on their march up the table.