Magpies see off Hatfield
Williams and Cooper score to seal all three points
SSML Premier Division
Colney Heath 2 Hatfield Town 1
A BUMPER crowd was at the Recreation Ground on Saturday to see Colney Heath beat local rivals Hatfield Town.
The crowd of nearly 100 saw Jason Williams open the scoring for the Magpies in just the sixth minute with a neat finish.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Phillips’ side then took control of the game, but they didn’t score the second until the 45th minute, when Ian Cooper notched his almost compulsory goal, his 19th league goal so far, to make it 2-0 at the half term break.
Unfortunately, Hatfield came out from the break better than Colney Heath and soon made it 2-1 with Richard Cooke netting.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Colney Heath seemed to be rattled by this quick start and panicked slightly, almost allowing Hatfield to draw level.
However, the Magpies weathered the storm and should have more than doubled their lead but good goalkeeping by the Hatfield ‘keeper and wayward finishing from Colney Heath meant the score stayed the same until the final whistle.