Magpies see off Hatfield
Williams and Cooper score to seal all three points
SSML Premier Division
Colney Heath 2 Hatfield Town 1
A BUMPER crowd was at the Recreation Ground on Saturday to see Colney Heath beat local rivals Hatfield Town.
The crowd of nearly 100 saw Jason Williams open the scoring for the Magpies in just the sixth minute with a neat finish.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Phillips’ side then took control of the game, but they didn’t score the second until the 45th minute, when Ian Cooper notched his almost compulsory goal, his 19th league goal so far, to make it 2-0 at the half term break.
Unfortunately, Hatfield came out from the break better than Colney Heath and soon made it 2-1 with Richard Cooke netting.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
Colney Heath seemed to be rattled by this quick start and panicked slightly, almost allowing Hatfield to draw level.
However, the Magpies weathered the storm and should have more than doubled their lead but good goalkeeping by the Hatfield ‘keeper and wayward finishing from Colney Heath meant the score stayed the same until the final whistle.