Magpies put Chalfont to the sword
Heath put three past league leaders
SSML Premier Division
Colney Heath 3 Chalfont St Peter 0
COLNEY Heath inflicted Chalfont St Peter’s biggest defeat since 2008 on Saturday, thumping the league leaders 3-0.
The defeat was only Chalfont’s third loss in the league this season and their biggest since the Magpies won 3-0 at Meadow Hill on Tuesday, October 28, 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Corran opened the scoring for Heath heading home from a corner to give the Magpies a 30th minute lead.
Captain Steve Barker and fellow centre-half Glenn Draper were in imperious form at the back and they gave Charlie Strutton, the league’s second highest goalscorer, not even the slightest sight of goal.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
The Magpies’ defence continued to snuff out the opposition after the break and further goals from Jamie Eames and Carl Ashton – who also netted in the 2008 win – gave the home side a comprehensive win.
Colney Heath will be looking to continue their good form tomorrow night when they welcome Hillingdon Borough to the Recreation Ground with a place in the Premier Division Cup Final up for grabs.