Magpies put Chalfont to the sword
Heath put three past league leaders
SSML Premier Division
Colney Heath 3 Chalfont St Peter 0
COLNEY Heath inflicted Chalfont St Peter’s biggest defeat since 2008 on Saturday, thumping the league leaders 3-0.
The defeat was only Chalfont’s third loss in the league this season and their biggest since the Magpies won 3-0 at Meadow Hill on Tuesday, October 28, 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Corran opened the scoring for Heath heading home from a corner to give the Magpies a 30th minute lead.
Captain Steve Barker and fellow centre-half Glenn Draper were in imperious form at the back and they gave Charlie Strutton, the league’s second highest goalscorer, not even the slightest sight of goal.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
The Magpies’ defence continued to snuff out the opposition after the break and further goals from Jamie Eames and Carl Ashton – who also netted in the 2008 win – gave the home side a comprehensive win.
Colney Heath will be looking to continue their good form tomorrow night when they welcome Hillingdon Borough to the Recreation Ground with a place in the Premier Division Cup Final up for grabs.