Magpies prove too good for Biggleswade
Colney Heath kept pace with the SSML Premier Division front runners with a 2-0 win over Bigglewade United.
The opening exchanges seemed to suggest a tight affair although Colney Heath did have the better of the play early on.
A flowing passing move between Clarke and Welch on 27 minutes resulted in a pin-point cross from the latter and Lawrence got the opening goal after arriving at the far post.
Just after the interval, Clarke got on the scoresheet as he latched onto a loose ball and found the bottom corner.
As the game drifted to an end, it was the Heath who soaked up small bouts of pressure and continually hit Biggleswade on the break, but could not find the end product.
You may also want to watch:
Three points were well deserved at the final whistle as The Magpies won 2-0 to keep in third place, just behind Hanwell and Ampthill.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines