Magpies prove too good for Biggleswade
Colney Heath kept pace with the SSML Premier Division front runners with a 2-0 win over Bigglewade United.
The opening exchanges seemed to suggest a tight affair although Colney Heath did have the better of the play early on.
A flowing passing move between Clarke and Welch on 27 minutes resulted in a pin-point cross from the latter and Lawrence got the opening goal after arriving at the far post.
Just after the interval, Clarke got on the scoresheet as he latched onto a loose ball and found the bottom corner.
As the game drifted to an end, it was the Heath who soaked up small bouts of pressure and continually hit Biggleswade on the break, but could not find the end product.
You may also want to watch:
Three points were well deserved at the final whistle as The Magpies won 2-0 to keep in third place, just behind Hanwell and Ampthill.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 City centre pub opens new roof garden