Magpies progress in FA Cup
FC Clacton up next for Colney Heath
Colney Heath 3
Broxbourne Borough V&E 0
E.ON FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
COLNEY Heath set up a home time with FC Clacton in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup after a convincing win over fellow South Midlands Premier Division side Broxbourne Borough.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies bosses Scott Lacey and Wes Awad have targeted a good cup run this season but they had to wait until the 41st minute for the opening goal.
Ian Cooper got free on the right hand side of the Broxbourne box and he squared for Josh Humbert to score his first goal for the club since a summer switch from local rivals London Colney.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
That became 2-0 nine minutes after the interval when Kevin Cooper confidently fired home for his first goal in the black and white stripes of Heath.
Not to be outdone by his brother, Ian Cooper rounded off the scoring with a third 11 minutes from time.
Clacton disposed of Kingsbury London Tigers 2-1 to book their place in the next round and The Seasiders will make the trip to the Recreation Ground on Saturday, August 28.