Magpies progress in FA Cup
FC Clacton up next for Colney Heath
Colney Heath 3
Broxbourne Borough V&E 0
E.ON FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
COLNEY Heath set up a home time with FC Clacton in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup after a convincing win over fellow South Midlands Premier Division side Broxbourne Borough.
Magpies bosses Scott Lacey and Wes Awad have targeted a good cup run this season but they had to wait until the 41st minute for the opening goal.
Ian Cooper got free on the right hand side of the Broxbourne box and he squared for Josh Humbert to score his first goal for the club since a summer switch from local rivals London Colney.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 5 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 6 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 7 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
That became 2-0 nine minutes after the interval when Kevin Cooper confidently fired home for his first goal in the black and white stripes of Heath.
Not to be outdone by his brother, Ian Cooper rounded off the scoring with a third 11 minutes from time.
Clacton disposed of Kingsbury London Tigers 2-1 to book their place in the next round and The Seasiders will make the trip to the Recreation Ground on Saturday, August 28.