Magpies progress in FA Cup
FC Clacton up next for Colney Heath
Colney Heath 3
Broxbourne Borough V&E 0
E.ON FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
COLNEY Heath set up a home time with FC Clacton in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup after a convincing win over fellow South Midlands Premier Division side Broxbourne Borough.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies bosses Scott Lacey and Wes Awad have targeted a good cup run this season but they had to wait until the 41st minute for the opening goal.
Ian Cooper got free on the right hand side of the Broxbourne box and he squared for Josh Humbert to score his first goal for the club since a summer switch from local rivals London Colney.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
That became 2-0 nine minutes after the interval when Kevin Cooper confidently fired home for his first goal in the black and white stripes of Heath.
Not to be outdone by his brother, Ian Cooper rounded off the scoring with a third 11 minutes from time.
Clacton disposed of Kingsbury London Tigers 2-1 to book their place in the next round and The Seasiders will make the trip to the Recreation Ground on Saturday, August 28.