Magpies pegged back twice as Stotfold hold Colney Heath to draw
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath were twice pegged back on the visit to Stotfold – drawing 2-2 in a match which saw both sides finish the game with 10 men.
The Magpies had put together a run of three straight SSML Premier Division victories prior to the visit to Roker Park and were on course for win number four until the hosts equalised with five minutes to go.
Their task had been made even trickier with injury and work forcing two players to drop out at 1pm.
But it didn’t show as Sam Doolan headed home 13 minutes in.
Stotfold equalised but were reduced to 10 when Reece Stokes was issued two yellow cards, a fate which also befell Dave Parkinson before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Armitt restored the Heath lead with a good finish just after half time and both he and Adam Lawton had chances to score again but both were off target.
And sustained pressure brought Stotfold’s second and parity late on.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'