Magpies pegged back twice as Stotfold hold Colney Heath to draw
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath were twice pegged back on the visit to Stotfold – drawing 2-2 in a match which saw both sides finish the game with 10 men.
The Magpies had put together a run of three straight SSML Premier Division victories prior to the visit to Roker Park and were on course for win number four until the hosts equalised with five minutes to go.
Their task had been made even trickier with injury and work forcing two players to drop out at 1pm.
But it didn’t show as Sam Doolan headed home 13 minutes in.
Stotfold equalised but were reduced to 10 when Reece Stokes was issued two yellow cards, a fate which also befell Dave Parkinson before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Armitt restored the Heath lead with a good finish just after half time and both he and Adam Lawton had chances to score again but both were off target.
And sustained pressure brought Stotfold’s second and parity late on.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre