Magpies land home tie in FA Vase first round
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s reward for reaching the first round proper of the FA Vase is another home tie.
The Magpies saw off Redbridge on Saturday with a 2-1 win at The Recreation Ground.
And they will be back at The Rec on Saturday, October 22, to face fellow Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Hoddesdon Town.
Hoddesdon were exempt to this round as were London Colney.
But unlike their neighbours, the Blueboys will be on their travels.
You may also want to watch:
They will go to Godmanchester Rovers, another side who enter the Vase at this stage.
Rovers, who are based in Cambridgeshire, play in the Eastern Counties League Premier Division.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
The winners of each first round tie will receive £675 from the FA’s prize fund with the losers getting £225.