Magpies land home tie in FA Vase first round
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s reward for reaching the first round proper of the FA Vase is another home tie.
The Magpies saw off Redbridge on Saturday with a 2-1 win at The Recreation Ground.
And they will be back at The Rec on Saturday, October 22, to face fellow Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Hoddesdon Town.
Hoddesdon were exempt to this round as were London Colney.
But unlike their neighbours, the Blueboys will be on their travels.
They will go to Godmanchester Rovers, another side who enter the Vase at this stage.
Rovers, who are based in Cambridgeshire, play in the Eastern Counties League Premier Division.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 5 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 6 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 7 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 8 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The winners of each first round tie will receive £675 from the FA’s prize fund with the losers getting £225.