Magpies land home tie in FA Vase first round
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s reward for reaching the first round proper of the FA Vase is another home tie.
The Magpies saw off Redbridge on Saturday with a 2-1 win at The Recreation Ground.
And they will be back at The Rec on Saturday, October 22, to face fellow Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Hoddesdon Town.
Hoddesdon were exempt to this round as were London Colney.
But unlike their neighbours, the Blueboys will be on their travels.
You may also want to watch:
They will go to Godmanchester Rovers, another side who enter the Vase at this stage.
Rovers, who are based in Cambridgeshire, play in the Eastern Counties League Premier Division.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The winners of each first round tie will receive £675 from the FA’s prize fund with the losers getting £225.