Magpies land home tie in FA Vase first round
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s reward for reaching the first round proper of the FA Vase is another home tie.
The Magpies saw off Redbridge on Saturday with a 2-1 win at The Recreation Ground.
And they will be back at The Rec on Saturday, October 22, to face fellow Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Hoddesdon Town.
Hoddesdon were exempt to this round as were London Colney.
But unlike their neighbours, the Blueboys will be on their travels.
They will go to Godmanchester Rovers, another side who enter the Vase at this stage.
Rovers, who are based in Cambridgeshire, play in the Eastern Counties League Premier Division.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
- 7 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 10 Who was the witch of St Albans?
The winners of each first round tie will receive £675 from the FA’s prize fund with the losers getting £225.