Magpies hit five
SSML Premier Division Colney Heath 5 Kentish Town 1 COLNEY Heath hit three goals in the closing 10 minutes to record an emphatic 5-1 win over Kentish Town. The victory gives Heath a four-point advantage at the top of the Premier Division table but the Mag
SSML Premier Division
Colney Heath 5 Kentish Town 1
COLNEY Heath hit three goals in the closing 10 minutes to record an emphatic 5-1 win over Kentish Town.
The victory gives Heath a four-point advantage at the top of the Premier Division table but the Magpies were made to work hard for their victory against second-from-bottom Kentish Town.
You may also want to watch:
Winger Kevin Ashwood gave the home side the lead five minutes in and Greg Deacon doubled Heath's lead four minutes into first half injury time.
Kentish Town came out and reduced the deficit in the 60th minute when James Lindsay netted.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Heath were given a scare when Chinua Phinn-Archer headed an equaliser only to see it ruled out for offside by the assistant referee.
Heath killed the visitors off with a third goal in the 83rd minute. Phinn-Archer was penalised for a foul and Dean Parratt stepped up to convert the spot kick.
Lee Newman netted a fourth for Heath five minutes before the end and Trevor Stevens gave the scoreline a gloss with a fifth.
The Magpies are on the road this weekend when they travel to Oxhey Jets (KO 3pm).