Magpies hit five
SSML Premier Division Colney Heath 5 Kentish Town 1 COLNEY Heath hit three goals in the closing 10 minutes to record an emphatic 5-1 win over Kentish Town. The victory gives Heath a four-point advantage at the top of the Premier Division table but the Mag
SSML Premier Division
Colney Heath 5 Kentish Town 1
COLNEY Heath hit three goals in the closing 10 minutes to record an emphatic 5-1 win over Kentish Town.
The victory gives Heath a four-point advantage at the top of the Premier Division table but the Magpies were made to work hard for their victory against second-from-bottom Kentish Town.
Winger Kevin Ashwood gave the home side the lead five minutes in and Greg Deacon doubled Heath's lead four minutes into first half injury time.
Kentish Town came out and reduced the deficit in the 60th minute when James Lindsay netted.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 6 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 9 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Heath were given a scare when Chinua Phinn-Archer headed an equaliser only to see it ruled out for offside by the assistant referee.
Heath killed the visitors off with a third goal in the 83rd minute. Phinn-Archer was penalised for a foul and Dean Parratt stepped up to convert the spot kick.
Lee Newman netted a fourth for Heath five minutes before the end and Trevor Stevens gave the scoreline a gloss with a fifth.
The Magpies are on the road this weekend when they travel to Oxhey Jets (KO 3pm).