Magpies defeat Harpenden
East Men s League Premier A Harleston Magpies 7 Harpenden 0 HARPENDEN, now condemned to relegation, took a young side to league champions Harleston on Saturday. Given the gap in the table the result was perhaps inevitable but provided valuable experience
East Men's League Premier A
Harleston Magpies 7 Harpenden 0
HARPENDEN, now condemned to relegation, took a young side to league champions Harleston on Saturday.
Given the gap in the table the result was perhaps inevitable but provided valuable experience for some of Harpenden's young starlets and they stepped up to the task.
You may also want to watch:
For the first 10 minutes Harpenden held strong and even had a short corner of their own. However, soon after the home side broke the deadlock, beating goalkeeper Matt Beggs with a clinical short corner.
It was a sign of things to come with two more following very shortly from the clinical league leaders. The second half proved difficult for Harpenden and damage limitation was soon a matter of course. Despite conceding a hatful including one delightful lob from the Harleston striker, the team can hold their heads high after a courageous performance.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
In the East Women's League Division 2S, Harpenden Ladies won 7-0 at Maidstone II on Saturday to continue their relentless pursuit of the title. Harpenden are top on 40 points, with a game in hand on second placed Gillingham Anchorians on 38 points.