Magic day of rugby at Cents
Toulmin Drive to host three games back-to-back
ST ALBANS Centurions have announced that they are hosting this year’s ‘Magic Round’ of the Rugby League Conference Southern Premiership at their Toulmin Drive ground on Saturday.
Mimicking the ‘Magic Weekend’ concept of the Superleague clubs, the Rugby League Conference have set aside one weekend where several clubs from the same league all come together at one venue and play their games one after another, and Saturday is the day for the Southern Premiership.
Three games involving teams from the Southern Premiership will be played as follows:
12 Noon: South London Storm v Eastern Rhinos RL
You may also want to watch:
1.45 pm: Hammersmith Hill Hoists v West London Sharks
3.15 pm: St Albans Centurions v London Skolars ‘A’
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
Club chairman Brian Parker said: “This is a new concept for amateur rugby in the south of England, and we are very honoured that they have chosen our club.
“Not only will there be three top class games going on, but we also expect several London Merit League games to be played at the same time on the club’s second pitch.
“We are hoping that a Centurions development team will also be competing.
“St Albans Centurions have arranged for a beer and refreshment tent and a barbeque that promises to be a bit special, so if anyone wants to come along and support St Albans’ most successful rugby team, and have an enjoyable afternoon watching some great rugby, then they will be most welcome.”