Macleod in GB squad for World League
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s player-coach Hannah Macleod is in the Great Britain squad looking to impress at the World League, which starts on Wednesday.
The competition is an important stepping stone for the GB team in its quest to qualify for next year’s Rio Olympics.
GB start their campaign with a game against Spain and then take on the mighty Argentina.
Macleod has 116 international caps for England and Great Britain and won bronze at London 2012.
She has just completed her first season in charge of the St Albans HC’s ladies’ first team as the club expands and pushes for promotion to the National League Premier Division, where Macleod has won three championship-winning medals, all with Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside a busy international summer schedule, Macleod has already run several summer sessions for the St Albans squad and prospective new recruits. She also took time out to lend a hand with youngsters at the recent club day at Oaklands.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area