Macleod in GB squad for World League
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s player-coach Hannah Macleod is in the Great Britain squad looking to impress at the World League, which starts on Wednesday.
The competition is an important stepping stone for the GB team in its quest to qualify for next year’s Rio Olympics.
GB start their campaign with a game against Spain and then take on the mighty Argentina.
Macleod has 116 international caps for England and Great Britain and won bronze at London 2012.
She has just completed her first season in charge of the St Albans HC’s ladies’ first team as the club expands and pushes for promotion to the National League Premier Division, where Macleod has won three championship-winning medals, all with Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside a busy international summer schedule, Macleod has already run several summer sessions for the St Albans squad and prospective new recruits. She also took time out to lend a hand with youngsters at the recent club day at Oaklands.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire