Macleod in GB squad for World League
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s player-coach Hannah Macleod is in the Great Britain squad looking to impress at the World League, which starts on Wednesday.
The competition is an important stepping stone for the GB team in its quest to qualify for next year’s Rio Olympics.
GB start their campaign with a game against Spain and then take on the mighty Argentina.
Macleod has 116 international caps for England and Great Britain and won bronze at London 2012.
She has just completed her first season in charge of the St Albans HC’s ladies’ first team as the club expands and pushes for promotion to the National League Premier Division, where Macleod has won three championship-winning medals, all with Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside a busy international summer schedule, Macleod has already run several summer sessions for the St Albans squad and prospective new recruits. She also took time out to lend a hand with youngsters at the recent club day at Oaklands.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17