Lundgren sisters help Phoenix claim fine win
A DEPLETED Phoenix squad made the trip to Reading for the second Southern Women s League Premier Division fixture of the season on Saturday. The Phoenix squad battled well and shocked league leaders Reading by claiming victory in the meeting
A DEPLETED Phoenix squad made the trip to Reading for the second Southern Women's League Premier Division fixture of the season on Saturday.
The Phoenix squad battled well and shocked league leaders Reading by claiming victory in the meeting by 10 clear points.
The first event for the seniors was the hammer and Millie Lundgren showed promise with a throw of 19.03m in an event that she has only just started to compete in. Millie then moved on to the discus where she was joined by sister Peta in the first of her three events. Peta was third in the A string with 27m and Millie won the B string with a throw of 24.91m.
Peta recorded her first win of the day in the A string shot, throwing over 10m for the first time this season. She then achieved her second win with 36.78m in the javelin A string.
You may also want to watch:
Team managers Ian Burrows (seniors) and Lisa Currie (juniors) were delighted with the team's performance on the day.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high