Lundgren sisters help Phoenix claim fine win
A DEPLETED Phoenix squad made the trip to Reading for the second Southern Women s League Premier Division fixture of the season on Saturday. The Phoenix squad battled well and shocked league leaders Reading by claiming victory in the meeting
A DEPLETED Phoenix squad made the trip to Reading for the second Southern Women's League Premier Division fixture of the season on Saturday.
The Phoenix squad battled well and shocked league leaders Reading by claiming victory in the meeting by 10 clear points.
The first event for the seniors was the hammer and Millie Lundgren showed promise with a throw of 19.03m in an event that she has only just started to compete in. Millie then moved on to the discus where she was joined by sister Peta in the first of her three events. Peta was third in the A string with 27m and Millie won the B string with a throw of 24.91m.
Peta recorded her first win of the day in the A string shot, throwing over 10m for the first time this season. She then achieved her second win with 36.78m in the javelin A string.
You may also want to watch:
Team managers Ian Burrows (seniors) and Lisa Currie (juniors) were delighted with the team's performance on the day.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans