Luck’s out for London Colney in goalless draw
- Credit: Archant
London Colney were unable to force a result on Tuesday night and had to settle for a goalless draw at London Tigers in the SSML Premier Division.
The Blueboys were looking to bounce back from Saturday’s derby defeat to Colney Heath but their luck deserted them at Avenue Park.
Manager Ryan Thompson gave debuts to Archie McClelland and Ronnie Blagden, and Adriano Gil was promoted to the starting line-up after coming off the bench in Saturday’s loss.
The trio added a spark to the Blueboys’ sixth-ranked scoring attack but they couldn’t add to the team’s 45-goal tally. But it wasn’t for lack of trying as Greg Shaw had an effort hacked off the line in the first half and Arlys Pampolim tipped Danny Fitzgerald’s thunderous drive over the bar in the second.
Charlie May was rarely tested on his return from injury but he had to be alert to deny Ayoub Amellal.
You may also want to watch:
Yasir Rashid and Elliot Bailey were introduced late on and the latter stung the hands of Pampolim with a firm strike but there was no way through for Thompson’s Blueboys.
London Colney sit 13th in the league ahead of Saturday’s visit to strugglers Hillingdon Borough (kick-off 3pm) but they have as many as four games in hand over the teams ahead of them.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game