Luck’s out for London Colney in goalless draw
- Credit: Archant
London Colney were unable to force a result on Tuesday night and had to settle for a goalless draw at London Tigers in the SSML Premier Division.
The Blueboys were looking to bounce back from Saturday’s derby defeat to Colney Heath but their luck deserted them at Avenue Park.
Manager Ryan Thompson gave debuts to Archie McClelland and Ronnie Blagden, and Adriano Gil was promoted to the starting line-up after coming off the bench in Saturday’s loss.
The trio added a spark to the Blueboys’ sixth-ranked scoring attack but they couldn’t add to the team’s 45-goal tally. But it wasn’t for lack of trying as Greg Shaw had an effort hacked off the line in the first half and Arlys Pampolim tipped Danny Fitzgerald’s thunderous drive over the bar in the second.
Charlie May was rarely tested on his return from injury but he had to be alert to deny Ayoub Amellal.
You may also want to watch:
Yasir Rashid and Elliot Bailey were introduced late on and the latter stung the hands of Pampolim with a firm strike but there was no way through for Thompson’s Blueboys.
London Colney sit 13th in the league ahead of Saturday’s visit to strugglers Hillingdon Borough (kick-off 3pm) but they have as many as four games in hand over the teams ahead of them.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season