Love leaves it late to hit leveller
Town Reserves held at Stony Stratford
Stony Stratford Town Reserves 1
Harpenden Town Reserves 1
HARPENDEN Town Reserves travelled to Stony Stratford with high hopes of taking all three points. However Town found Stony Stratford under new management and Stony’s improvement was visible from the word go.
This did not stop Town dominating but every tackle was fiercely contested and it took 10 minutes for Town to create their first chance with striker Gregory only finding the side netting after some good work from Poole and Plumb.
Shortly afterwards Plumb and Gregory combined to create a good chance for Ed Frost but he blazed over. Town kept up the pressure and created their third good chance on the stroke of half-time when Matt Chugg put in an exquisite chip for Alex Elliot to race through but he could only drag his shot wide.
After the break Stony Stratford took a shock lead when Town failed to clear their lines properly from a corner and the Stony striker had a simple tap in from four yards.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 3 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 Cock fight ends Company of Ten's first-rate season at the Abbey Theatre
- 8 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 9 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 10 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
With time running out Town drove forward in search of the equaliser but with the referee ignoring two blatant penalty appeals it looked like Town would leave empty handed until some superb footwork from Stuart Love, saw him up ended in the box and Love dusted himself down to convert.
Town: Ross, Hamer, Airey, Golder, Chugg (Dobinson 72), Poole (Love 64), Maher, Plumb, Gregory, Frost, Elliot (Beazley 51).