Longest trip of the season for City
Weston-super-Mare v St Albans City Saturday, October 3 – 3pm KO Where: Woodspring Stadium, Winterstoke Rd, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS24 9AA (Tel: 01934 621618) Who: City make their longest trip of the season on Saturday when they travel to Woo
Weston-super-Mare v St Albans City
Saturday, October 3 - 3pm KO
Where: Woodspring Stadium, Winterstoke Rd, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS24 9AA (Tel: 01934 621618)
Who: City make their longest trip of the season on Saturday when they travel to Woodspring Stadium to tackle Weston-super-Mare.
You may also want to watch:
The club quietly went about their business this summer bringing in six new faces including strikers Josh Llewellyn, Clayton Fortune and former Gloucester City goalkeeper Kevin Sawyer.
Season so far: The Seagulls have only won twice this season with home victories over fellow strugglers Weymouth (3-0) and Worcester City (3-1).
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
Andy Gurney's side also held a much-fancied Woking side to a 1-1 draw at the Woodspring Stadium and put up a good fight at table toppers Dover Athletic before going down 5-3.
The Seagulls' last league outing resulted in a 3-1 defeat at Welling United.
Last season: Adam Everitt's first goal in a Saints' shirt gave Steve Castle's side the lead on their last trip to Weston but a Manny Williams strike shortly after half time earned the home side a point despite City dominating the game.
Players: James Fisher is back in contention for City after serving his two match suspension but Drew Roberts is still missing.
Steve Castle is hoping David Galbraith declares himself fit with youngster Jonathan O'Donnell set to deputise should the former Tottenham man fail to recover in time.
Weston were hit by an outbreak of flu ahead of last Tuesday's 1-0 defeat to Havant in the FA Cup and have been suffering with a number of injuries of late with giant defender Clayton Fortune, Marc McGregor and Craig Rand all carrying knocks.
Midfield powerhouse Darren Mullings is Weston's top scorer this season with four goals to his name while veteran striker McGregor has chipped in with three.
Referee: Adam Bromley (Plymouth) assisted by S Berner & C Mann.