Long and short action for St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were out racing long and short distances at the weekend.
At the long end, Ben Scott ran alongside Harpenden Arrow runner Laura Hicks to complete the very hilly inaugural Chiltern Wonderland 50 mile race in 10 and a half hours.
Andrew Mckillop finished the Kent Coyote Marathon in three hours six minutes, taking the veteran 40 trophy in the process.
Tom Neill completed his first marathon at Richmond in 3:19 while Jack Brooks completed his 392nd marathon at Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, in 4:53.
Graham Smith finished fifth overall and first V40 in the Alice Holt 10k in Farnham in 38:10.
You may also want to watch:
At the shorter end, Stephen Buckle led home the St Albans 5k Parkrun in 16:58, Ed Bailey was second in 17:44 and Mike Martin fourth in 17:58.
Wendy Walsh was second lady in 19:59 with Claire Kremer a close third in 20:04.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
Meanwhile Stuart Middleton was first runner in the Sligo Parkrun in 20:04.