London Two North West: Injuries mount up as Harpenden miss out on win at Chiswick
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden had to count the cost of injuries as they slipped to a 17-8 defeat away to Chiswick.
They lost Michael Goode after just three minutes which set the tone for the rest of the afternoon.
Will Hales, Tom Rolfe and Tom Sanders all failed to finish the game while Fred Gulliford (wrist) and Pete Sims (head) were not 100 per cent at the final whistle.
All that said, it was still a game Harpenden felt they should have won with their pack dominant throughout at the set-piece.
However, it was the more creative Chiswick backs who swung the game the way of the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Grindle scored twice, Oliver Snook adding a conversion to the first of them, with Gabs Lowe getting the third.
Hales dropped a goal in the first half to get Harpenden on the board and Ed Preston’s unconverted score had briefly put them in front.
- 1 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 2 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Batchwood Hall COVID vaccine team warn of potential scam call
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans named among UK's million-pound property hotspots
It wasn’t enough though and means Harps have now lost two London Two North West games this season.