London Two North West: Injuries mount up as Harpenden miss out on win at Chiswick
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden had to count the cost of injuries as they slipped to a 17-8 defeat away to Chiswick.
They lost Michael Goode after just three minutes which set the tone for the rest of the afternoon.
Will Hales, Tom Rolfe and Tom Sanders all failed to finish the game while Fred Gulliford (wrist) and Pete Sims (head) were not 100 per cent at the final whistle.
All that said, it was still a game Harpenden felt they should have won with their pack dominant throughout at the set-piece.
However, it was the more creative Chiswick backs who swung the game the way of the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Grindle scored twice, Oliver Snook adding a conversion to the first of them, with Gabs Lowe getting the third.
Hales dropped a goal in the first half to get Harpenden on the board and Ed Preston’s unconverted score had briefly put them in front.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 7 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 8 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats
It wasn’t enough though and means Harps have now lost two London Two North West games this season.