London Colney fly into next round of the FA Cup with big Halstead win
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
London Colney roared into the first qualifying round of the FA Cup thanks to a thumping 5-0 win over Halstead Town.
The Blue Boys have reached this stage on eight other occasions although the last one came in 2016 when they lost 1-0 to Hadley.
However, they will not fear anybody in Tuesday's draw after this superb result and performance at their Cotlandswick home.
The Essex side are flying high in Eastern Counties Division One South with three wins from their opening four games.
But from the minute Ibrahim Camara put Colney on their way, the Humbugs were up against it.
You may also want to watch:
George Brinkman made it two on 40 minutes with a header following great work by Camara and Laurence Vaughan.
It was Vaughan himself who made it three four minutes after from the restart, this time with Sam Dowdridge and Ieuan Lewis the providers.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Louis Octave and David Parkinson wrapped things up late on.