London Colney fly into next round of the FA Cup with big Halstead win
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
London Colney roared into the first qualifying round of the FA Cup thanks to a thumping 5-0 win over Halstead Town.
The Blue Boys have reached this stage on eight other occasions although the last one came in 2016 when they lost 1-0 to Hadley.
However, they will not fear anybody in Tuesday's draw after this superb result and performance at their Cotlandswick home.
The Essex side are flying high in Eastern Counties Division One South with three wins from their opening four games.
But from the minute Ibrahim Camara put Colney on their way, the Humbugs were up against it.
You may also want to watch:
George Brinkman made it two on 40 minutes with a header following great work by Camara and Laurence Vaughan.
It was Vaughan himself who made it three four minutes after from the restart, this time with Sam Dowdridge and Ieuan Lewis the providers.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
Louis Octave and David Parkinson wrapped things up late on.