London Colney fly into next round of the FA Cup with big Halstead win
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
London Colney roared into the first qualifying round of the FA Cup thanks to a thumping 5-0 win over Halstead Town.
The Blue Boys have reached this stage on eight other occasions although the last one came in 2016 when they lost 1-0 to Hadley.
However, they will not fear anybody in Tuesday's draw after this superb result and performance at their Cotlandswick home.
The Essex side are flying high in Eastern Counties Division One South with three wins from their opening four games.
But from the minute Ibrahim Camara put Colney on their way, the Humbugs were up against it.
George Brinkman made it two on 40 minutes with a header following great work by Camara and Laurence Vaughan.
It was Vaughan himself who made it three four minutes after from the restart, this time with Sam Dowdridge and Ieuan Lewis the providers.
- 1 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 8 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
Louis Octave and David Parkinson wrapped things up late on.