London Colney still pacesetters despite end of perfect start in league
- Credit: Archant
London Colney remain top of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division despite losing their 100 per cent record.
That went on Saturday when Hoddesdon Town came from behind to win 2-1.
However, a 2-0 victory over Holmer Green at Cotlandswick on Tuesday night, kept the Blueboys ahead of the chasing pack.
Archie McClelland grabbed his eighth goal of the campaign at the weekend and he made it nine against Holmer Green.
Jon Clements swung in a corner which was headed down by Spencer Clarke-Mardel for McClelland to rifle home.
The second was also assisted by Clements with another cross. This time it found Mark Riddick’s glancing header for his first for the club.
Clements was proving to be a real handful and he thought he had won his side a penalty inside the opening few minutes.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 8 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
But after consulting with his assistant, the referee changed his mind and gave a free-kick.
The Blueboys have two home games coming up. Sun Sports visit on Saturday and Brimsdown on Tuesday.