London Colney still pacesetters despite end of perfect start in league
- Credit: Archant
London Colney remain top of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division despite losing their 100 per cent record.
That went on Saturday when Hoddesdon Town came from behind to win 2-1.
However, a 2-0 victory over Holmer Green at Cotlandswick on Tuesday night, kept the Blueboys ahead of the chasing pack.
Archie McClelland grabbed his eighth goal of the campaign at the weekend and he made it nine against Holmer Green.
Jon Clements swung in a corner which was headed down by Spencer Clarke-Mardel for McClelland to rifle home.
You may also want to watch:
The second was also assisted by Clements with another cross. This time it found Mark Riddick’s glancing header for his first for the club.
Clements was proving to be a real handful and he thought he had won his side a penalty inside the opening few minutes.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
But after consulting with his assistant, the referee changed his mind and gave a free-kick.
The Blueboys have two home games coming up. Sun Sports visit on Saturday and Brimsdown on Tuesday.