London Colney still pacesetters despite end of perfect start in league
- Credit: Archant
London Colney remain top of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division despite losing their 100 per cent record.
That went on Saturday when Hoddesdon Town came from behind to win 2-1.
However, a 2-0 victory over Holmer Green at Cotlandswick on Tuesday night, kept the Blueboys ahead of the chasing pack.
Archie McClelland grabbed his eighth goal of the campaign at the weekend and he made it nine against Holmer Green.
Jon Clements swung in a corner which was headed down by Spencer Clarke-Mardel for McClelland to rifle home.
You may also want to watch:
The second was also assisted by Clements with another cross. This time it found Mark Riddick’s glancing header for his first for the club.
Clements was proving to be a real handful and he thought he had won his side a penalty inside the opening few minutes.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
But after consulting with his assistant, the referee changed his mind and gave a free-kick.
The Blueboys have two home games coming up. Sun Sports visit on Saturday and Brimsdown on Tuesday.