London Colney secure second cup final date
SSML Division One Cup Ampthill Town 0 London Colney 2 LONDON Colney have secured their second cup final date of the season with a 2-0 win over Ampthill Town in the Division One Cup. Colney dominated early on with Frankie Jowle and Dave Parkinson combining
SSML Division One Cup
Ampthill Town 0 London Colney 2
LONDON Colney have secured their second cup final date of the season with a 2-0 win over Ampthill Town in the Division One Cup.
Colney dominated early on with Frankie Jowle and Dave Parkinson combining to set up Russell Gallagher who shot wide, then Kenny Hull and Parkinson teed up Greg Shaw who went close.
The Blueboys opened the scoring after 22 minutes when Gallagher won the ball in midfield, Shaw released Jowle and the winger raced clear before firing emphatically past Josh McAdoo.
Parkinson's back heel created space for Gallagher but he fired over and Shaw's fierce drive was excellently tipped over by McAdoo.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
The Blueboys had to wait until the 58th minute to double their advantage when they were awarded a penalty. McAdoo was harshly penalised for a foul on Shaw and Parkinson sent the 'keeper the wrong way from the spot.
Lester fired over the bar for Ampthill and Colney squandered several other opportunities but there were no further goals as the Blueboys progressed to the final.
London Colney: Whittamore; Hull, Corran, Murphy, Paradise, Dickie, Jowle (Danslow), Humbert (Wilkinson), Parkinson, Shaw, Gallagher. Subs not used: Benning, Simmonds.