London Colney secure second cup final date
SSML Division One Cup Ampthill Town 0 London Colney 2 LONDON Colney have secured their second cup final date of the season with a 2-0 win over Ampthill Town in the Division One Cup. Colney dominated early on with Frankie Jowle and Dave Parkinson combining
SSML Division One Cup
Ampthill Town 0 London Colney 2
LONDON Colney have secured their second cup final date of the season with a 2-0 win over Ampthill Town in the Division One Cup.
Colney dominated early on with Frankie Jowle and Dave Parkinson combining to set up Russell Gallagher who shot wide, then Kenny Hull and Parkinson teed up Greg Shaw who went close.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys opened the scoring after 22 minutes when Gallagher won the ball in midfield, Shaw released Jowle and the winger raced clear before firing emphatically past Josh McAdoo.
Parkinson's back heel created space for Gallagher but he fired over and Shaw's fierce drive was excellently tipped over by McAdoo.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
The Blueboys had to wait until the 58th minute to double their advantage when they were awarded a penalty. McAdoo was harshly penalised for a foul on Shaw and Parkinson sent the 'keeper the wrong way from the spot.
Lester fired over the bar for Ampthill and Colney squandered several other opportunities but there were no further goals as the Blueboys progressed to the final.
London Colney: Whittamore; Hull, Corran, Murphy, Paradise, Dickie, Jowle (Danslow), Humbert (Wilkinson), Parkinson, Shaw, Gallagher. Subs not used: Benning, Simmonds.