London Colney’s Ollie Pattison set to move to super-middleweight following first title bout
- Credit: Archant
Ollie Pattison is a man with a plan and will be moving down a division to super-middleweight regardless of what happens in his first title fight.
The six foot three inch boxer from London Colney fights at light-heavyweight at the moment but says the move to the smaller weight was always on the cards.
He said: “I want to win titles at different weights so I want to get the super-middle won while I’m relatively young because the older you get it’s harder to come down in weight.
“I’ll be big for that weight because at the minute I’m a light light-heavy.
“There’s certainly not many super-middleweights who are my height; the only one I can think of is Callum Smith and most of the time he bosses his opponents because of the size difference.
You may also want to watch:
“So I’ll be really strong and as long as I can hold the strength and still feel good, we’ll stay there. Obviously if not I’ll step back up.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge