London Colney reserves lifted by impressive display
London Colney reserves blasted back to form with a cracking win away at Leverstock Green on Saturday in the Herts Intermediate Cup First Round. Goals from Sam Mitchell and Sebastian Thomas put the Blueboys 2-0 up at half time. Leverstock hit back
London Colney reserves blasted back to form with a cracking win away at Leverstock Green on Saturday in the Herts Intermediate Cup First Round.
Goals from Sam Mitchell and Sebastian Thomas put the Blueboys 2-0 up at half time. Leverstock hit back with a goal before Lawrence Harkness netted to put Colney 3-1 ahead. Colney goalkeeper Herve Soulard tipped a penalty around the post before Leverstock Green got back to 3-2 but the Blueboys hung on for a fine win.
London Colney reserves: Soulard, Donnelly (Woodcock), Smithon, Murphy, Townsend, Mitchell, Rowley, M. Corran, Thomas (Elliott), Harkness, Ames.
The A team went down 4-2 to 10-man Nirankari after conceding two breakaway goals late in the game. James Pegrum put Colney ahead and Jamie Gregory scored a delightful free kick to net the second for the Blueboys.
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Luke Thatcher and James Yates handed the Midweek team a 2-2 draw with Kentish Town.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests