London Colney Reserves gallop to victory over Ascot
- Credit: Archant
London Colney Reserves remained top of the Suburban Football League Central Division with a 3-1 home victory over Ascot United.
Bobby Armstrong opened the scoring with a bullet header which flew into the back of the net following a fine free kick from Stef Geraldes.
Matt Drinkall tapped in the second before Johnny Armitt hit the third with an excellent volley.
Tring Athletic provide their next opposition on Wednesday, January 25, in the Suburban Challenge Trophy.
The first team meanwhile were due to travel to Sun Sports on Saturday but a frozen pitch put pay to their hopes of extending their lead in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
They will get back to action this Saturday when they face FC Broxbourne Borough at Cotlandswick.
It is the first of three successive home games with Oxhey Jets (January 28) and Biggleswade United (Jan 31) also coming to town.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues