London Colney Reserves gallop to victory over Ascot
- Credit: Archant
London Colney Reserves remained top of the Suburban Football League Central Division with a 3-1 home victory over Ascot United.
Bobby Armstrong opened the scoring with a bullet header which flew into the back of the net following a fine free kick from Stef Geraldes.
Matt Drinkall tapped in the second before Johnny Armitt hit the third with an excellent volley.
Tring Athletic provide their next opposition on Wednesday, January 25, in the Suburban Challenge Trophy.
The first team meanwhile were due to travel to Sun Sports on Saturday but a frozen pitch put pay to their hopes of extending their lead in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
They will get back to action this Saturday when they face FC Broxbourne Borough at Cotlandswick.
It is the first of three successive home games with Oxhey Jets (January 28) and Biggleswade United (Jan 31) also coming to town.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers