‘No positives’ for London Colney to derby day loss says boss Ken Charlery
- Credit: Archant
London Colney manager Ken Charlery said he was struggling to take anything positive from their 4-0 derby defeat away to Colney Heath.
The Blueboys remain second from bottom of the SSML Premier Division having failed to win in any of their last 12 league games.
They started well enough at the Recreation Ground, pushing the hosts back but once they went behind there was only ever going to be one winner.
"I cannot take anything positive from that if I'm honest," said Charlery. "It was the Christmas blues and we didn't deserve anything even if we started off bright and in good areas.
"I changed the formation slightly and we had a couple of half-chances but they defended well.
"We'll go back to the drawing board but this isn't our fight. Our fight is with the teams around us.
"Arlesey Town at home on Saturday is our fight and we'll prepare for that.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 4 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 5 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 6 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 7 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 8 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 9 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 10 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
"And hopefully we can carry the start of this game across the whole 90 minutes then."