‘No positives’ for London Colney to derby day loss says boss Ken Charlery
- Credit: Archant
London Colney manager Ken Charlery said he was struggling to take anything positive from their 4-0 derby defeat away to Colney Heath.
The Blueboys remain second from bottom of the SSML Premier Division having failed to win in any of their last 12 league games.
They started well enough at the Recreation Ground, pushing the hosts back but once they went behind there was only ever going to be one winner.
"I cannot take anything positive from that if I'm honest," said Charlery. "It was the Christmas blues and we didn't deserve anything even if we started off bright and in good areas.
"I changed the formation slightly and we had a couple of half-chances but they defended well.
You may also want to watch:
"We'll go back to the drawing board but this isn't our fight. Our fight is with the teams around us.
"Arlesey Town at home on Saturday is our fight and we'll prepare for that.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
"And hopefully we can carry the start of this game across the whole 90 minutes then."