Second-half fightback hints at better times for London Colney despite loss at Baldock
- Credit: Archant
A second-half fightback was not enough for London Colney as they went down 3-2 away to Baldock Town in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
They trailed 3-0 after a terrible first 45 minutes as two goals from Charlie Thake and one for Danny Logan put the hosts in control.
But the Blueboys rallied after the break and Liam Andrews and Elliott Beevor got them close to salvaging a point.
Speaking on Twitter coach Jack Metcalfe said: "A disappointing first half cost us massively but we showed great character in the second half to get back into the game and on another day we might have got something out of it.
"Positives to take from that second half into next week."
You may also want to watch:
Saturday's game sees them on the road again with Aylesbury Vale Dynamos the destination.
They are back at Cotlandswick on Tuesday when they host Cheshunt in the Herts Senior Cup quarter-final.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area