London Colney push SSML Premier Division leaders Welwyn Garden City all the way
- Credit: Archant
London Colney were left disappointed after a 2-1 defeat to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division leaders Welwyn Garden City.
The Blueboys went behind to a 12th-minute Dan Bond goal and although Zac Holding levelled before half-time, a second-half strike from Ash Kersey sealed the points.
This was their WGC’s 10th consecutive win but they didn’t have things all their own way despite Bond’s early goal.
Colney matched them for long periods and Dominic Morgillo had a great chance to level but delayed his shot just long enough for Jon Sexton to get back.
Loren Maxwell also forced a good save from Charlie May and it was from the resultant corner that Holding headed Colney’s goal.
You may also want to watch:
Even after Kersey scored, Laurence Vaughan struck the woodwork but City hung on, despite the sending off of former Blueboy Jon Clements five minutes from time.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans