London Colney push SSML Premier Division leaders Welwyn Garden City all the way
- Credit: Archant
London Colney were left disappointed after a 2-1 defeat to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division leaders Welwyn Garden City.
The Blueboys went behind to a 12th-minute Dan Bond goal and although Zac Holding levelled before half-time, a second-half strike from Ash Kersey sealed the points.
This was their WGC’s 10th consecutive win but they didn’t have things all their own way despite Bond’s early goal.
Colney matched them for long periods and Dominic Morgillo had a great chance to level but delayed his shot just long enough for Jon Sexton to get back.
Loren Maxwell also forced a good save from Charlie May and it was from the resultant corner that Holding headed Colney’s goal.
You may also want to watch:
Even after Kersey scored, Laurence Vaughan struck the woodwork but City hung on, despite the sending off of former Blueboy Jon Clements five minutes from time.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan