London Colney open pre-season with a draw
- Credit: Archant
London Colney kicked off pre-season with a 1-1 draw with Aylesbury United.
Jimmy Hill put Ryan Thompson’s Blueboys in front of their Evo-Stik Southern League Division One Central opponents after thundering James Ewington’s pull back into the net off the underside of the bar.
The win was denied late on when Billy Odcock saw Charlie May, Colney’s goalkeeper, off his line and lobbed him from inside his own half.
The Blueboys were scheduled to play St Albans City in a friendly at Cotlandswick on Thursday but the game has been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
May, Power, Armstrong, Smith, Doolan, Clarke-Mardel, Geraldes, Sedgley, Lawrence, Hill, Lysaght, Davey, Ewington, Benning, Santos, Westmore
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
The reserves lost 1-0 to Hinton in their pre-season opener.
Archie McClelland came closest to breaking Hinton’s resistance but a late goal from Neil Adams handed them the win.
Grundy, Smithson, D McCafferty, Etherington, Davison, Paradise, Ditri, Endcott, Smith, Armitt, McClelland, B McCafferty, Brinkley, O’Brien, Dykyj, Margott